Water Damage Information
Flooding and water emergencies never come at a convenient time. Here at SERVPRO Thousand Oaks, we are here to help 24 hours 7 days a week. Water quickly spreads throughout your home or business and affected structural materials along with contents. It is important to mitigate your loss as soon as possible.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water will spread quickly throughout your home and business and will saturate structural materials.
- When water touches furniture the finishes might bleed causing furniture staining on the carpet.
- If affected by water loss your photographs, books, and other paper goods will start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall will begin to swell and can possibly start breaking.
- Metal surfaces will begin to tarnish.
- Furniture can begin to swell and crack at the base.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain contents or structural materials i.e., carpets.
- You can smell a musty odor.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew can grow and spread depending on the environment.
- Baseboards, Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and or corrode.
- Paint begins to blister and peel from the wall.
- Wood flooring swells and cupping.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Waiting longer for restoration can cause mold growth and additional repair cost.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us SERVPRO Thousand Oaks 24/7 – (805)492-2434