Air Conditioner Leak
With the temperature rising its almost a guarantee you’re running your air conditioner. Some people do not even thing of the possibility of the air conditioner staring a water damage. There is plenty of factors that can cause your air conditioner to create a leak that might affect structural materials. A clogged air filter can cause your coils to freeze and create a water damage. The drain pan can crack and can cause a water damage. Although SERVPRO is not an air condition repair company we recommend calling a certified company out if you happen to come across issues with your air conditioner. When you find out your air conditioner has leaked it is best to have SERVPRO come out to check if the leak affected any of the structure materials. There have been so many customers that thought just getting their air conditioner fixed was all they needed to do until they come across mold. It is so important that once you come across a leak to have someone inspect for moisture because it can leak in your walls. If the moisture reaches into you walls and is not properly dried, you have the chance of it turning into mold. If you ever come across an air conditioner leak give SERVPRO a call (805) 492-2434 to perform a moisture inspection.
Area Rug Cleaning
Did you know SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks offers the service of area rug cleaning? Area rugs are made from more of a variety material then wall to wall carpet is. We offer to perform the cleaning at customer location if they have adequate space for are rug to get clean at and drying area. If the customer does not have the space, we do offer to clean area rugs at our shop which will be returned around 7-10 business days. Our trained technicians will inspect the rug before cleaning and notate preexisting damages. Areas that will be checked is the wear of the rug. Any fringes that look lose will be documented. If there are animal stains, we cannot guarantee full removal of stain or odor. We will pretest the rug to see if colors will cause bleeding. If we find that rug will have color bleed cleaning can not be performed. Give us a call if you have any question or would like to setup for your area rug to be cleaned.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks is equipped to perform commercial carpet cleaning. With commercial building carpet sometimes, there is padding underneath it, and some have glue down carpets. We recommend that vacuuming the carpet regularly and before any carpet cleaning. There are vacuum cleaners that have beater bars, and you must make sure that its adjuster to the proper height. If your vacuum is not adjusted to the properly height the beater bar can drive the dirt farther into the carpet. Before any commercial cleaning we ask that any electronics be removed from the flooring. Our technicians are knowledgeable to know that glue down carpet need to be cleaned with minimal solvent and thoroughly extract and quickly dry to prevent any damage to the adhesive. If you would like to get an estimate or price for carpet clean maintenance, please give us a call at (805) 492-2434.
Here is an example of a dirty carpet that needs cleaning.
SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks does more than just water mitigation and fire restoration. Our technicians have years of experience in carpet cleaning. The frequency of when your carpet should be clean depends on several different factors. For normal wear, it is recommended to have your carpets cleaned every 6-12 Months. If you smoke within your house, have pets and kids cleaning is recommended more frequently as in 3-6 months. It is most important to clean your carpets before they become too soiled. If you wait too long to get your carpets clean it may never be able to restore to prior condition. The carpet should be thoroughly vacuumed before cleaning is performed. About 80 percent of soils in the carpet can be removed by just vacuuming. The dry particulates s that vacuuming removes are sand, hair, skin cells, carpet fibers, and others. It is recommended to vacuum before carpet cleaning so cleaning products don’t have to work much harder to dissolve and emulsify all the soils left in the carpet. Call SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks at (805) 492-2434 for future carpet cleaning.
Have you ever inspected the ductwork in your home? If you have you should make it a high priority too. Your ventilation system can be the biggest culprit to poor indoor air quality. Did you know that dirty ducts can circulate odors, mold, and dust throughout your home? When you keep the HVAC and ductwork clean it might help extend the lifespan of the equipment. It will help the system to operate at peak conditions. Inspecting your ductwork to determine if cleaning is necessary by a professional. It is always recommended in certain circumstances such as smoke, fire, and possible mold growth, that duct cleaning become a part of the process. It is very important to replace or clean filters during the duct cleaning process. Call SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks at (805) 492-2434 for duct cleaning service.
Water Damage Information
Flooding and water emergencies never come at a convenient time. Here at SERVPRO Thousand Oaks, we are here to help 24 hours 7 days a week. Water quickly spreads throughout your home or business and affected structural materials along with contents. It is important to mitigate your loss as soon as possible.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water will spread quickly throughout your home and business and will saturate structural materials.
- When water touches furniture the finishes might bleed causing furniture staining on the carpet.
- If affected by water loss your photographs, books, and other paper goods will start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall will begin to swell and can possibly start breaking.
- Metal surfaces will begin to tarnish.
- Furniture can begin to swell and crack at the base.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain contents or structural materials i.e., carpets.
- You can smell a musty odor.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew can grow and spread depending on the environment.
- Baseboards, Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and or corrode.
- Paint begins to blister and peel from the wall.
- Wood flooring swells and cupping.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Waiting longer for restoration can cause mold growth and additional repair cost.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us SERVPRO Thousand Oaks 24/7 – (805)492-2434
Are you prepared for a storm?
With most of the nation experiencing Storm like conditions now is a great time to prepare in case of a storm. In advance of a storm, it is recommended to weatherproof your home by doing the following.
- Although this is not guaranteed to prevent freezing you should insulate any water lines that run along the exterior walls.
- Windows and doors should be caulked and weather-stripped.
- Have your walls and attic insulated.
- Repair any roof leaks and remove any tree branches that can possibly fall onto your home and or other structure during a storm.
It is recommended to have your chimney and or flue inspected each year. Especially if you plan on using your fireplace and or wood stove for emergency heating. Also, if you use a fireplace, wood stove, or kerosene heater you should have a battery-operated smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector near the area to be heated. Please make sure to check the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detector at the lease twice a year. Here at SERVPRO Thousand Oaks we wish you safe winter.
Water Mitigation Process
This photo contains Air mover, dehumidifier, and moisture meters
SERVPRO Thousand Oaks trained technicians to use many different types of equipment throughout a water mitigation process. Psychrometric are used to create the proper environment for efficient drying. Moisture detection devices are used to determine if any materials are affected. A moisture sensor is used to detect any moisture in the carpets, baseboards, and walls. Moisture meters determine the amount of moisture in materials. The thermohydrometer will measure both the temperature and relative humidity to create the proper drying environment. Extractors are used to remove moisture from the structure which may include the carpet, upholstery, and flooring. Air movers are used to enhancing evaporation from the surface level which then will reduce dry time. Dehumidification will pull in the moist and humid air and exchange it with dry warm air. Leaving air movers and dehumidifiers on during the full process will prevent extra drying days. Our technicians will monitor equipment each day and will be removed once the affected area is dried down to industry standards.
With all the power outages lately SERVPRO Thousand Oaks wanted to give some tips for an unexpected outage.
- Have the freezer and refrigerator closed during the power outage. The refrigerator can keep items cool for 4 hours while a packed fridge can last up to 48 hours. If needed look into place food into coolers with ice. Once the food has reached the temperature of 40 degree its recommended to dispose of. Also, if the food has an odor it is also recommended to dispose of it.
- If you are going to use a generator, make sure it is only outdoors and away from windows.
- Never use a gas oven or stovetop to heat your house.
- Make sure to disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- If you have refrigerated medicine, make to have a backup plan. Look into how long the medicine can be stored at higher temperatures. It is recommended to dispose of medication that should be refrigerated unless the drug’s label says otherwise. Please contact your doctor if have any question regarding medication storage and or replacement.
If you need more tips and or recommended supply list please visit (www.ready.gov) website.
Are you aware that Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires caused by cooking equipment? There are several cooking tips that should be followed this holiday season. It is advised to never leave cooking food unattended. It is best to stay in the kitchen while frying, grilling, or broiling food. When leaving the kitchen even for such a short period of time it is recommended to turn off the stove. If your cooking a turkey do not leave your house and check on it frequently. Children should stay 3 feet away from the hot stove. Make sure to keep the floor clear of any items you might trip over. Make sure no kitchen electronic cords are dangling off the counter within children's reach. While cook you should not wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves. To prevent any grease buildup by cleaning cooking surfaces regularly. There should be a fire extinguisher and smoke alarm near the kitchen. Before going to bed make sure you check all kitchen appliances are turned off. SERVPRO Thousand Oaks wishes your family a safe and joyous Thanksgiving.