If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 492-2434

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire Prevention

10/14/2021 (Permalink)

Although candles are very pretty to look at, they can cause house fires. A candle can easily ignite anything that can burn since it is an open flame. You should never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle. Also keep matches and lighter out of reach from children. Candles should be blown out if you are going to bed or leaving the room. It’s best to avoid having candles where someone might fall asleep. A candle should be at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn. Did you know December is the peak month for candle fires? More then 1/3 of candle fires happen in the bedroom. It is recommended to use flameless candles since it can prevent a fire and you can still enjoy the smell of a real candle. If you ever happen to have a candle fire call SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks to assist your cleanup needs.

Other News

View Recent Posts