How A Contain Water Loss Helps
Here is an example or our crew in the process of containing a water loss.
When capable SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks will try to contain a room. We contain an affected area for multiple reasons. One of the main reasons we do is to help to improve dry time. When you can setup a drying chamber you’re able to contain the equipment to drying within the contained area. This helps to contain the heat of the dehumidifier into the affected area and shrink amount of dry time day. Of course, there is going to be many times where you cannot setup a drying chamber due to vaulted ceilings or possibly because the customer will need access to the affected area. Another benefit for have the affected area contain is for any demo that may need to be done. This will prevent any dust into going into an unaffected area. We do however clean up any debris that any demolition of drywall or other materials might cause. If you’re ever in need of our services, please call SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks.
What to do before help arrives.
What can I do before help is on the way to my water loss? This is something we have been asked by our customers. We always recommend that if the leak is not fixed, that you water from the main line to prevent further damage. If you are unsure where your main line is located, we recommend contacting a professional plumber. To prevent any electrical shock, turn off circuit breaker of affected rooms. Remove and excess water is at all posable by mopping. We have had many customers stated that they have used towels to prevent moisture from spreading. We also recommend the customer to move any contents that may cause concern. Make sure to whip up any water from wood furniture. Remove and prop up any wet upholstery cushions. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet to prevent furniture stains. Place any other contest that have been affected to a safe dry place. Hang draperies with a coat hanger to prevent contact with the wet flooring. For any furniture with skirting use cloth pins to keep them away from wet flooring. If furs and leather good have been affected dry separately at room temperature. Don’t worry if you can not get to doing all this because SERVPRO Thousand Oaks will be on the way. Servicing Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park & Westlake Village (Ventura county side.)
Faster to your Thousand Oaks Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (805)492-2434
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks
SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.