I Think I Might Have Mold
Help I think I might have mold! When a customer calls with a concern about mold our first question is do you visually see the mold. If the customer states that they do not and only smell a musty odor we refer them to use a qualified Indoor Air Quality/ Environmental Professional. This specialist will be able to determine if there are elevated mold spores. If the customer states yes, there is something visible they see our next question is what year their structure was built. If a customer house is built in the early 80’s or earlier, we recommend getting an asbestos testing. Unfortunately, we require this testing to be performed before an onsite inspection. Testing companies usually have the asbestos results within 24 hours. If the house contains asbestos, then an abatement company will need to be contacted to perform removal of affected materials. For the houses that do not contain asbestos SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks can perform an onsite inspection for estimations of cost. Every job varies depending on the extent of mold remediation. We always recommend checking with your insurance company to see if you do have mold coverage. Most of all don’t worry SERVPRO Thousand Oaks is here to help you every step of the way.
Does Your Thousand Oaks Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (805)492-2434